Longstone lighthouse model
Lovingly produced from a special resin giving the feel and appearance of real building materials
The Longstone Lighthouse, or Outer Farne as it was first called, is situated on Longstone Rock, one of the Outer Staple Islands. A light was requested for these islands by Sir John Clayton in the late 17th century and by Captain J. Blackett in 1755. Unfortunately both were rejected as the Elder Brethren of Trinity House were unable to obtain the consent of the affected parties to pay a toll for the maintenance of the light.
Dimensions: 224mm long x177mm high x 110 width
Made From: Resin