Trinity House built its first lighthouse at Lowestoft in 1609 and in 1836 bought up the remaining private lighthouses and upgraded them with masonry towers and brighter lights.
Today Trinity House owns and maintains 66 lighthouses along the coasts of England, Wales and the Channel Islands, renowned around the world for their innovative design, high calibre engineering and reliability.

More about our lighthouses