IntroductionYou are invited to submit a photograph of one of Trinity House’s lighthouses to this competition. The full list of Trinity House lighthouses can be found at www.trinityhouse.co.uk/lighthouses-and-lightvessels.
A panel of judges will select 12 winning photographs which will be published in the Trinity House Lighthouse Calendar 2020. One of the entered photographs may also be published on the front of the official Trinity House Christmas Card 2019.
From the 12 winning photographs an overall winner will be chosen by the public via Trinity House’s website and the overall winning photographer will receive a £200 gift card for use at John Lewis Partnership stores.
Rules of Entry1. You may only enter one photograph (“Your Entry”) into the competition.
2. Your Entry must be your own work.
3. Your Entry must be in landscape format, no smaller than 3032x2008 pixels.
4. Your Entry must be received before midnight on 28 February 2019 (“the Closing Date”)
5. You confirm that you will not submit Your Entry into any other photographic competition for at least 2 years after the Closing Date.
6. You confirm that Your Entry has not won a prize in any other photographic competition previously.
7. You confirm that Your Entry does not infringe the rights of any other person.
8. You confirm that you are the owner of the copyright in Your Entry.
9. Trinity House acknowledges that you will remain owner of the copyright in Your Entry and will endeavour to give you credit. You agree that failure to give credit due to error or oversight shall not constitute a breach of this condition.
10. If Your Entry is one of the 12 winning photographs you agree to grant Trinity House a perpetual non-exclusive, royalty free licence to publish and exhibit Your Entry in the Trinity House Lighthouse Calendar 2020 and on the Trinity House website and in official literature and publications including the Trinity House Christmas Card 2019.
11. Trinity House will appoint a panel of judges to select the 12 winning photographs. The decision of the judges will be final.
12. Trinity House will arrange a public vote via its website to choose the overall winning photograph (“the Overall Winner”) from the 12 chosen by the panel of judges.
13. If Your Entry is the Overall Winner your prize will be a £200 John Lewis Partnership gift card.
14. Trinity House regrets that it is not possible for persons younger than 16 years of age to accept the Prize.
15. Trinity House reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage at its absolute discretion.
16. Trinity House will not disclose your contact details to any third party.
17. By completing the entry form and submitting Your Entry you are confirming that you have understood and agree to be bound by the rules of this competition.
18. Trinity House reserves the right to decide not to publish any of the 12 winning photographs at all.
19. The rules of this competition are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Further details concerning the competition can be found on the Trinity House website:
www.trinityhouse.co.uk, or by contacting:
Commercial Department, Trinity House, The Quay, Harwich, Essex, CO12 3JW
Tel: 01255 245156, E‐Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive promotional emails from Trinity House in future please tick the box on the photograph submission form.