Peninnis Lighthouse

Peninnis Lighthouse was built by Trinity House in 1911 on St. Mary’s Island in the Isles of Scilly, superseding the St. Agnes established in 1680

The lighthouse is a small metal tower, the upper part painted white and the lower part and cupola painted black. Peninnis Lighthouse was re-engineered and converted from acetylene gas to electrically powered operation in 1992.

The lighthouse is now monitored and controlled from Trinity House’s Planning Centre in Harwich, Essex.