Guile Point Lighthouse

Guile Point Lighthouse—along with nearby Heugh Hill Lighthouse—is a lighted stone obelisk providing a lead for vessels entering Holy Island Harbour

Two wooden interior, stone clad obelisk towers were established in 1826 by the Newcastle upon Tyne Trinity House, who added solar-powered lights in the early 1990s. Trinity House assumed responsibility for marking the approach to the harbour on 1 November 1995. The daymark is owned by the Newcastle-upon-Tyne Trinity House.

The lighthouse is now monitored and controlled from Trinity House’s Planning Centre in Harwich, Essex.