Trinity House’s Multi Functional Tender (MFT), GALATEA, delivered in 2007, has been designed with buoy handling, wreck marking, towing and multibeam and side scan hydrographic surveying capability. At 84m long with a service speed of 13 knots, she is fitted to the highest and most modern technical standards.
GALATEA is a state of the art vessel enhanced by many additional features including DPAA dynamic positioning, a range of high specification survey equipment, a 30t lift crane, a 1.2m² moon pool, a large working deck with the facility to lock containers on deck with plug in to 230v or 400v supply, a helicopter-landing pad and a high-speed workboat.
Available 24/7 with accommodation for an additional 13 people, GALATEA can be utilised for a wide range of projects at very competitive rates including:
- hydrographic surveys including bathymetry, side scan, sonar and wreck investigations
- aids to navigation deployment, maintenance, repair and examination
- research platforms for deployment and recovery of scientific equipment
- sampling projects
- marine hazard search and marking
- lifting, towing and accurate positioning of marine equipment
- recovery and re-establishment of off-station aids to navigation
- sea trials of electronic and specialty equipment
- helicopter support
- safety boat assignments
- guard duties for cable and pipe laying projects
Lloyds Register @ 100 A1 @ LMC UMS MCM EP LA CAC DPAA IMO CLASS II (Lloyds Machinery Certificate, Unmanned Machinery Space Certificate, Machinery Condition Maintenance, Lloyds Environmental Protection, Lifting Appliance and Crew Accommodation Comfort Standard). Complies with requirements for UK MCA Class VII vessel. GMDSS sea area A2.