49° 54.273' N 006° 18.221' W (not for navigation purposes)
Photo by Ian Cowe
Peninnis Lighthouse on St Mary’s Island in the Scilly Isles is a small automatic lighthouse consisting of a metal tower, the upper part painted white and the lower part and cupola painted black.
This lighthouse was established in 1911 when it superseded the lighthouse on St Agnes which had been in operation since 1680. Peninnis was re-engineered and converted from acetylene gas to electrically powered operation in 1992.
|Height Of Tower||14 Metres|
|Height Of Light Above Mean High Water||36 Metres|
|Lamp||1 x single tier LED Lantern|
|Optic||3rd Order 500 Mm Rotating|
|Character||White Flash Every 20 Seconds|
|Range Of Light||9 nautical miles|