51° 24.886' N 003° 06.008' W (not for navigation purposes)
Monkstone Lighthouse is located in the Bristol Channel, near Lavernock Point, Glamorgan.
It was established in 1839 and remained largely unaltered until its conversion to solar powered operation in 1993.
The lighthouse consists of a masonry tower strengthened by vertical and horizontal wrought iron bands surmounted by a prefabricated red GRP tower which replaced the original iron structure in 1993.
|Height Of Tower||23 Metres|
|Height Of Light Above Mean High Water||13 Metres|
|Lamp||20 Watt Halogen|
|Character||1 White Flash Every 5 Seconds|
|Range Of Light||12 nautical miles|